Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon!!!!

The Read-A-Thon is about to start soon. I have some books ready to read and hopefully I can do some of the challenges. I'm looking forward to it.

While I'm on here, I might as well blog about a book I've read recently. Well, it is actually a series. Over the Summer I read the first few books in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and loved them. Well, not too long ago I happend upon another series like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It is called Dork Diaries. I suppose it can be considered a girl version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but there is, I think, a big difference between Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Nikki from Dork Diaries. Greg is can be very selfish and often only thinks of himself and what he wants. But this, of course, is one of the things that makes the books funny. Nikki can be selfish at times, but not as bad as Greg. She thinks about others a lot and the second book in the series proves that.

Dork Diaries so far has three books in the series, with another expected to be published in 2012. I've read the first two books so far and the third is on the top of my to-read list. I haven't been able to get it from the library yet; the third book always seem to be out or on hold for someone.
But I think if people like Diary of a Wimpy Kid they will also like Dork Diaries. Nikki is a great character and the book is just so funny. I recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment