Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-A-Thon Update #1

So, this is what I've read so far:

Zen Ghost by Jon J. Muth - This is about three kids who are going trick or treating, but their friend Stillwater tells them afterwards to meet him at the stone wall because he is taking them to a storyteller.

This was a wonderful book. Not scary, but a good read with a story that leaves you wondering. The illustrations are also beautiful.

Ghosts of Hershey and Vinicity by Christopher E. Wolf - This is true ghost stories of Hershey Pennsylvania and nearby cities/towns. It was a good book and has some interesting stories. I enjoyed it.

Scary, Scary Halloween by Eve Bunting - This is a really fun book. I don't care if it's a picture book. I liked it a lot.

It's Halloween by Jack Prelutsky - A fun book of Halloween poems. This was great. Jack Prelutsky is a wonderful poet.

Halloween Program Sourcebook - this book has a chapter on the history of Halloween and many stories, poems, plays and more for Halloween. I liked it, but it wasn't as great as I had hoped. I did enjoy quite a few of the poems though.

Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness! by Cornelia Funke - Let me just say, I love this series. The first two books are great and so is this one. The books have to do with an odd group of ghosthunters. In this book they are called to Gloomsburg Castle to get rid of a terrible ghost. Once they get there, the ghosthunters find out just out terrible the ghost is. This one was so much fun like the others. I love it.

That's all I've read for now, but I'll have to figure out what else to read. Hopefully I'll have another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment