Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dreamcatchers & Feather Hair Clips

Since all I've been posting about is books on here, I thought I'd blog about something different.

If you didn't know already, last month was Native American heritage month. And as an American Indian, I decided to share my heritage and other Native American related stuff with people on my Xanga blog.

One thing I shared was some of the Dreamcatchers and Feather Hair Clips I've made. I am Cherokee and although making Dreamcatchers isn't a Cherokee tradition, but they are something that have become associated with Native American culture in general. And Feather Hair Clips just look nice and are becoming very popular.

I've recently started making Dreamcatchers, Feather Hair Clips and I plan to make other Native crafts as well.




And of course, everything I make is for sale. I've been trying to sell online as well as get my crafts into local stores where I live. I'll be putting my crafts into the local library's book store as soon as I sign the contract. So I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyway, that is what I've been making. I also plan to make some Leather Hair Wraps and some necklaces. I'll post some pictures of those when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment