Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book Signing

Today I will be going to my local library for a book signing.

Maria V. Snyder will be there. She is the author of Poison Study and many other books.
I've never read any of her books and don't have any, but I've been looking at her books for awhile and thinking about reading one of them. All her books will be for sale at the library so I'm going to buy Poison Study to get signed.

She will also be doing a talk before the book signing. I think it will be interesting to hear what she talks about. And I'm sure I will enjoy her book.

I'm excited about going. I've never been to a book signing before. I wanted to go to a book fest last year and get a book signed by Jeff Markowitz - I read his first book and it was so good - but that didn't work out because we had car problems. However, I do have books that are signed by the author, but some of them I've won from Goodreads and others are ghost books that I bought in Gettysburg that were already signed. One book I bought from a library book sale and came home and saw it was signed. I was excited about that and I'm excited to have other books that are signed by the author.
But, I think that actually going to a book signing and being there when the book you bought is being signed is probably an exciting experience. Being able to talk to the author and everything. So, I am very excited for this.

If I have time later, I will write a post about the book signing.

Well, better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment